There's so much to find out about Fisheries Training Institute
Fisheries Training Institute, Entebbe was established by an Act of Parliament (Uganda) under the then Ministry of Animal Industry, Game and Fisheries. Its foundation stone was laid on 27th June 1966. The official opening of the Institute was done on 23rd February 1968.This was a Regional Institute and it still stands so today. There were few of such Institutions in Africa. The first trainees were twenty students two of whom were from Botswana and three from Kenya.
To be an Institution of professional excellence in Fisheries Management , Training , Research and Marine Safety.
To produce competent Fisheries Managers and Practitioners and promote Marine Safety for sustainable socio-economic development.
- To stimulate intellectual, and Technical growth of students in order to make them productive member of the community in the Fisheries Sector.
- To produce crafts men, Technician and other skilled manpower to meet the demands of the Fisheries Industry.
- To train high level technical, managerial and professional personnel for the Fisheries Sector.
- To generate advanced knowledge and innovations through research and be able to translate or adopt them to local situations in the Fisheries Industry
- To intensify the provision of Public Service through expanded extra mural or extension work and consultancy services in the Fisheries Fields.
- To promote the level of alocal scientific and technological capacity needed for tackling the problems of development in Fisheries.
- To equip the students with the world of work as useful members of their communities and the Nation at large especially being :
We offer Diplomas and Certificates in Fisheries and Agriculture related courses
We admit students from all Nationalities and regions in the country. Contact us for any help
Message from the Principal
We look forward to welcoming you.